Who Wins The FedEx Orange Bowl

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Orange Bowl Champs

As most of you know the Iowa Hawkeyes beat Georgia Tech 24-14 to claim the Orange Bowl. Like usual the defense stepped up and attacked an offense that many thought would score often against the hawks. On the first drive when the hawks fumbled I thought great this could be a long game for the offense. But then they jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead which I didnt expect. I also didnt expect the defense to really take hold of the game, I thought they would win it (allow over 200yds maybe 20pts) but not dominate it. I know this is playing the "if" game but I think had stanzi not thrown the pick 6 and the hawks recieved the ball in the 2nd half instead of GT it would have been a shutout. I was very impressed with the outcome of this game. I'm very optimistic and excited for next season as we should be as good if not better and possibly contend for a national championship.(no more tebow, mccoy, ohio state comes to kinnick this year)

*Note* The hawks best OL and Big Ten's OL of the year award winner Bryan Bulaga has declared for the NFL Draft. I wish him the best of luck.

Go HAWKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment